Cancer Support Group
This group provides educational and spiritual support for families living with cancer. Meetings are held the 3rd Thursday of every month, 4th floor Conference Room, at 6pm. Registration is not required. For More information please call, 620-252-1606.
Look Good – Feel Better
A free program for female cancer patients actively undergoing cancer treatment. Women learn to cope with appearance-related side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Class times that are available for 2017: August 22nd, October 17th & December 19th in the 4th floor Conference Room, at 1pm. Please call, 620-252-1563 to register.
Bariatric Support Group
Held the first Thursday of every month at 7pm in the 4th floor conference room at CRMC, registration is not required
Family Life Education
Childbirth Preparation Classes
Registration is required: Call 620-252-1589
Just for CRMC patients, this free course will help you prepare you for the birth of your child. Learn about:
- Breathing and relaxation exercises
- Medications during childbirth
- Infant care including breastfeeding, bottle feeding and Infant CPR
- Tour the Geeta Sandhu Women’s Health Unit
Evening and Weekend Classes:
Weekend classes –
Saturdays – 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sundays – 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Weekday Classes –
Tuesdays 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- January 14th & 15th – Saturday and Sunday
- February 7th thru March 14th – Tuesdays
- April 8th & 9th – Saturday and Sunday
- May 1st thru June 5th – Tuesdays
- July 15th & 16th – Saturday and Sunday
- August 1st thru September 5th – Tuesdays
- October 7th & 8th – Saturday and Sunday
- November 11th & 12th – Saturday and Sunday
For class: Wear comfortable clothes, bring 2 pillows and a partner/coach
Babysitting – Safe Sitter Class
Registration is required – 620-252-2201
Next Class: Saturday, July 29th
9:30am-4:30pm – CRMC 4th Floor Conference Center
Cost: $35 – Includes Course Manual and Lunch
Safe Sitter® prepares students in grades 6-8 to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. Students learn life-saving skills such as how to rescue someone who’s choking, and helpful information like what to do if there’s severe weather. The lessons are filled with fun activities and role-playing exercises. Students even get to use CPR manikins to practice CPR and choking rescue! If you child has completed 5th grade they can still attend the course.
Safe Sitter® Course Content:
• Safety Skills: Students learn how to prevent unsafe situations and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies.
• Child Care Skills: Students learn tips to manage behavior that will help them stay in control of themselves and the children in their care. Students also learn the ages and stages of child development, as well as practice diapering.
• First Aid & Rescue Skills: Learning skills such as choking rescue and CPR is often students’ favorite part of the class. Students also learn a system to help them assess and respond to injuries and illnesses.
• Life & Business Skills: The ability to screen jobs, discuss fees, and greet employers will set students up for success now and in the future. Students practice these skills through various role plays.
Limited space available, if you would like to get your child registered please call 620-252-2201 or email Ashley Tatman at firstname.lastname@example.org