Coffeyville Regional Medical Center is committed to provide you and your family members the best care regardless of your ability to pay. However, we must collect for services in order to be able to serve the healthcare needs of our community. We also want to assist you in resolving your debt. The following describes our financial policies.
- Emergency or urgent care: You will receive necessary medical services regardless of your ability to pay. You will be asked to check out at the admissions desk before leaving the facility so that you can make arrangements to pay for your treatment.
- Elective or scheduled services: We will request payment for any deductibles, co-pays and coinsurances at the time of service when you check in.
- If you have insurance: We will file a valid healthcare claim to your insurance company if you have given us all required insurance information.
- Your responsibility: You are responsible for deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance and non-covered services. We suggest that you review your insurance benefits contract so that you understand your benefits. There are circumstances when you may be responsible for the entire bill if your insurance carrier denies the claim because you did not provide required information.
- Overpayment: Refunds will be given within 30 days. However, a refund cannot be processed until all past due accounts are paid in full.
- Collection procedures: If your account is not collected by the hospital after normal in-house collection procedures, it may be referred to a collection agency, magistrate or attorney for further collection action in accordance with the hospital’s established guidelines.