Bill Read Golf Classic
August 26, 2017
More details to come!
Each year over 30 teams from the community come play 18 holes at the Coffeyville Country Club to raise money for the Bill Read Medical Scholarship Fund.
The Coffeyville Regional Medical Center Foundation is a not-for-profit tax exempt corporation formed to secure gifts to financially support the goals and continue the programs and medical excellence of Coffeyville Regional Medical Center. The Bill Read Golf Classic was created to raise monies for the Dr. William Read Scholarship Fund. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to area medical students who are committed to practicing medicine in the community of Coffeyville.
The 2016 event was held on Saturday, August 20th at the Coffeyville Country Club. Twenty-four teams enjoyed a beautiful day on the course participating in the four-person scramble this year. The event raised approximately $14,000 for the Dr. William Read Medical Scholarship. The top teams in each flight received awards and were recognized following the tournament.
- 1st Place – Charlie Crane, Kris Crane, Grady Smith Sr, Debbie Smith
- 2nd Place – Jake McCullough, Christy McCullough, Jaryd McCullough, Marcus White
- 3rd Place – Billy Moore, Jim Moore, Jeremy Thompson, Rickey Walker
- 1st Place – Ben Viets, Matt Viets, Chris Cornell, Neil Osborn
- 2nd Place – Dr. Stephen Miller, Matt Washburn, Dave Powell, Bryan Miller
- 3rd Place – Jason Redden, Ryan Thompson, Ric Voss, Ben Scheck
- 1st Place – Linda Moley, Becky Barnhart, Jeff Morris, Marlon Thornburg
- 2nd Place – David Duke, Tyler Cook, Glenn Zimmer, Ed James
- 3rd Place – Aron Potter, Becky Simpson, Jeff Leiker, Ryan McCune
Additional awards were given for:
- Marge Read Neese Award for Women’s Longest Putt – Sheila Hayes
- Women’s Longest Drive – Sheila Hayes
- Men’s Longest Drive – Jake McCullough
- Senior Men’s Longest Drive – Mike Perkins
The winner of our raffle for the Bose Mini Bluetooth Speaker was Susan Jenkins, CRNA.
Thank you to all that participated in the 2016 Bill Read Golf Tournament.
Tree of Hope
During the holiday season, honor your loved ones with an angel on the Tree of Hope at Coffeyville Regional Medical Center. The Tree of Hope lights the front lobby of the hospital throughout the month of December. For each donation in honor or memory of your special person, an angel inscribed with their name will be placed on the Tree of Hope. All donations go to support the Tatman Cancer Center.
5K Spring Chicken Fun Run & Walk
During spring, the foundation hosts a 5K run. This 5K run/ walk is a fundraiser for the foundation to raise monies for equipment throughout the hospital. This past year the money raised went to the Women’s health Department.
Saturday, April 15th, 2017
7:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. 1 Mile Chicken Little Family Fun Run/Walk
9:00 a.m. 5K Run/Walk
CRMC (corner of 4th & Wilkie)
The race course starts at the corner of 4th and Wilkie and
wraps around west Coffeyville on First.
Spring Chicken 5k Run/Walk
$20 through Friday, March 30: t-shirt included
after March 30: shirt not included
Chicken Little 1 Mile Family Fun Run/Walk
$10 through Friday, March 30: t-shirt included
after March 30: shirt not included and no
registration fee – free participation
AWARDS FOR 5K:
Awards will be given to overall Top Female and
Top Male, as well as winners in each age category.
The race will be timed by Timer Guys from El
Dorado, KS – Race chips will be provided in race packets
If you would like more information or to be involved in any of these events or activities please contact the Foundation office at Foundation@crmcinc.org or 620-252-1674.