In our on-going quest to be the employer of choice among medical providers in the southeast Kansas region, Coffeyville Regional Medical center has developed a generous and competitive employee benefits package. It is designed to reward our employees for the hard work and dedicated care they daily provide, and to assist them in caring for themselves and their family members, both during active employment, and beyond into retirement.
Full-time employees are eligible for group health, RX, dental and vision insurance coverage through CRMC. Employees have the option of purchasing just the coverages that fit their needs, and can choose coverage for themselves only, or their entire family.
From their first day of eligible employment, full-time and regular part-time CRMC employees are enrolled in the KPERS retirement system. The hospital makes a generous contribution on the employee’s behalf, and employees are required to contribute at the state mandated amount (currently 6%). Active KPERS employees also receive a basic group life insurance policy and KPERS long-term disability coverage.
Employees who are interested in setting aside further retirement savings can choose to contribute additional monies from their paychecks on a tax-deferred basis. Enrolling in the CRMC’s tax-deferred annuity/403(b) plan will allow them to do this. Employees may contribute up to the maximum allowed by the IRS, however, none of the contributions made to the 403(b) plan will be matched by CRMC.
Section 125 Cafeteria Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
Full-time employees are eligible to participate in the cafeteria plan, which will result in you actually lower your taxable income. The plan accomplishes this in two ways:
- Premiums you elect to have deducted for eligible group benefits (such as health insurance, prescription, vision, etc.) can be deducted on a pre-tax vs. post-tax basis, thus lowering your taxable income.
- You can elect to set up a flexible spending account (FSA) for the following types of expenses:
- A Health Care FSA can help you pay for out-of-pocket medical, dental, vision, prescription and other IRS-approved healthcare expenses with pre-tax dollars. The maximum you can contribute is $2500 per year.
- A Dependent Care FSA lets employees use pre-tax dollars toward qualified dependent care for children under the age of 13 or caring for elderly parents, etc. The maximum you may contribute is $5,000 per year (or $2500 if married and filing separately).
Voluntary Insurance Plans
Full-time employees are also eligible to select from wide variety of additional voluntary insurance plans, including short-term disability, additional term life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, National Motor Club, and a group of “direct cash” plans providing benefits for specified health events such as cancer, heart attack and stroke, and accidents.
Paid Time Off
All full-time and regular part-time employees will accrue PTO hours based on the approved schedule and years of service. The employee’s PTO bank is all-inclusive and represents time available to the employee for their use for vacation/personal time, sick leave (for personal or family-related issues), and holiday time off needs. Additionally, CRMC provides bereavement pay, jury duty pay, and sponsors a PTO donation program for eligible employees who experience a serious illness or personal emergency.
CRMC provides tuition reimbursement on approved courses for up to $3,000 per calendar year, and is available as a benefit to full-time and regular part-time employees after one continuous year of service.
All employees are offered the following wellness services at free or reduced prices, and many are also available to their family and/or household members:
- Annual wellness screenings and flu shots.
- Membership in the on-site fitness facility, including participation in yoga and other fitness-related classes.
- Access to the community walking track.
- Vaccinations given at the local health department.
- On-site Weight Watchers support group.
- Shift and weekend differentials, as well as holiday premium pay
- 30% discount off of hospital services (after insurance adjudicates the claim)
- Service awards recognition
- Discount on meals and other food items through the cafeteria
- Payroll deduction available for items purchased in the hospital gift shop, as well as numerous merchants in the regional area, such as Brown’s, Nightengale’s, Scrub Works, CJ Threads, Alderman Acres, Cantrell’s and Eisele’s, the Optic Shop, and others
- Workers Compensation coverage
- Direct Deposit
If you need specific information about any of our benefits, please contact human resources at 620-252-1500.